Sunday, December 27, 2009

G - 2 - Cross hatch by Zig Zag by Georgene




 

This is a King Size Wheel of Mystery Quilt that was pieced by The Quilting Sisters Bee (Donna Malone, Linda Mitzel, June Dade, Janet Dyer, Barbara Higgins, Barbara Davis, Donna Lambert, Pattaya Zapettelo, and Anne Schultz). They pieced it to be raffled to raise funds for the Peninsula Piecemakers Quilt Guild of Yorktown, VA.

I did the crosshatched borders of this quilt using the Waves and Zig Zag template -- NO RULERS. It was so easy.

And because I surrounded the applique, I didn't have to cross over the stems and flowers and such.

And, also because I surrounded the applique, I was able to have it work out that I didn't have to stitch in the ditch (between the crosshatching) on either the top or bottom borders. I just positioned the template and worked backwards from the bottom border. It was easier than my explanation.

And, of course, I didn't have to turn the quilt.