Wednesday, March 10, 2010

B 236 - Jeanne Pedersen - 20,000 Leagues under the See

20 Leagues Under the Sea"  by Jeanne Pedersen
This quilt evolved from 3 different classes over a period of about 4 years.
I used the some batik fabrics, and some fish themed squares and panels, which I cut apart and used as applique.
I quilted it mostly with my Circle Lord Basic unit.  I also used the spiral template to make some of the circles.  I made radiating rays off the large center NY Beauty, and a put feathers inside the rays as a filler.  I also did a lot of pebbling as background of the large NY Beauty, and did upside down Clamshells on the top section to simulate water or waves.  This quilt just earned an honorable mention ribbon at our local quilt show this past weekend.  
                                                Click on Picture to Enlarge